Rhetoric is the conscious choices you make in writing, speaking, and composing.
- Two ways I used rhetoric during this semester are by using Kairos for my project. My project thesis was about technology affecting communication, and technology is growing more and more each day which makes the project very timely. Another way I used rhetoric was by using pathos, which involves emotion, and I used that by making the readers feel emotion while reading. On my poster I did for the CSW I put a picture on it that was of an iPhone screen. On the screen there was a text conversation between a mom and her kid and it was supposed to make readers feel emotion because the mom left the kids sports game when they scored the winning goal.
- Two ways my research process has changed over the semester are that I learned that Wikipedia is a good place to start when doing research and I always thought it was a thing that should never be used. I also learned to look at the sources that one website used and keep clicking on sources that other ones used to be able to get all of my information and not have to look everything up manually.
- The purpose of documentation systems is to look more professional and have more credibility so it doesn’t look uneducated and immature.
- One benefit I found in composing with digital technologies was that it is easier to access than a journal or hard copy of something. One challenge was that it can be harder to visually show for certain things. Some things are better said with words and not visually.
- The impact that sharing my work had on my composing was that I learned what looks and sounds good and what looks and sounds bad, which I wouldn’t have been able to learn if I hadn’t shared my work or done any peer reviewing with others.